An Amazon gift card is a digital or physical gift card that can be redeemed for items at Amazon.com. Gift cards can be purchased in a variety of denominations, and are often used as gifts for birthdays, holidays, or other special occasions. If you have ever received an Amazon gift card, you know that it can be a great way to give someone the gift of choice. But what do you do if you don’t want to use the gift card yourself?
If you have an Amazon gift card that you don’t plan to use, it’s important to know how to cancel it. Otherwise, the card may be charged even if it’s not used. Luckily, canceling an Amazon gift card is a process that is just as easy as redeeming one.
Whether it’s because the amount is too small or you just don’t need anything from Amazon right now, canceling the card is a quick and easy process. Keep reading for instructions on how to do it. We will also provide some tips on what to do if you experience any problems canceling your card.
How to Cancel Amazon Gift Card Yourself?
If you have an unwanted or unneeded Amazon gift card, you can cancel it and get a refund of the purchase price. Here’s how to cancel an Amazon gift card in a few steps:
- Log in to your Amazon account and go to Your Orders.
- Find the order for the gift card you want to cancel and select Cancel Order.
- Confirm that you want to cancel the cancel Amazon gift card
- You may receive a refund of the purchase price within 3-5 business days.
Cancel the Amazon Gift Card via Chat Option
If you need to cancel Amazon gift card for any reason, you can do that through the chat service on the Amazon website. Here are the detailed steps:
- Go to Amazon’s website and log in to your account.
- Click on the “Help” link at the top of the page.
- In the Help section, click on the “Contact Us” link.
- On the Contact Us page, select “Chat” as your preferred contact method.
- Enter your name and email address into the required fields, then click on the “Continue” button.
- On the next page, you will be connected with an Amazon customer service representative via chat.
- Explain to the representative that you need to cancel Amazon gift card
- The representative may ask for some information from you, such as the card number and the reason why you want to cancel Amazon gift card.
- Once the representative has all of the necessary information, they may process the cancellation for you.
- You may receive a confirmation email from Amazon stating that the gift card has been canceled.
Cancel the Amazon Gift Card by Phone Call
Keep in mind that once a gift card is canceled, it cannot be reinstated, so make sure you really want to cancel it before proceeding.
- Start by calling customer service at 1-888-280-4331.
- When prompted, enter the 15-digit gift card number followed by the pound sign.
- You may then be asked to enter the 8-digit PIN located on the back of the card. After doing so, press the pound sign again.
- Once your gift card has been located, you will be given the option to cancel it. Press 1 to do so.
- You may then be asked to confirm the cancellation. Press 1 again to confirm, or 2 to cancel the cancellation.
- Once your gift card has been successfully canceled, you may hear a confirmation message and the call will end.
Also Read: Can You Read Text Messages on Spectrum Mobile? Amazon Gift Card Cancellation Policies
If you have an Amazon gift card and you need to cancel it, there are a few things you should know. First, many Amazon gift cards are not returnable and cannot be refunded. However, you can cancel the card if it has not been used. To do so, simply contact customer service and they may cancel the card for you. There is no fee associated with canceling an Amazon gift card.
It is important to note that even if you cancel an order for a physical gift card, the card may still be shipped and you may be charged for it. Therefore, it is best to only purchase gift cards from Amazon when you are sure you will not need to cancel the order.
If you have already used your Amazon gift card, then it cannot be canceled or refunded. The only way to get your money back in this case is to contact the merchant who issued the card and see if they will issue a refund. Keep in mind that many merchants have strict policies about refunds on gift cards.
Some Last Words
So, that’s how you cancel Amazon gift card. Canceling an Amazon gift card is a straightforward process that can be completed either on the website or over the phone. If you have any questions or run into any trouble while trying to cancel Amazon gift card, be sure to reach out to Amazon customer service for help.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q1. What is an Amazon Gift Card?
An Amazon Gift Card is a physical or digital card that can be used as a payment method on Amazon.com. Amazon Gift Cards can be purchased from Amazon.com, and select retailers or you can receive them as gifts.
Q2. How do I use my Amazon Gift Card?
To use your Amazon Gift Card, simply enter the claim code during checkout on Amazon.com. The amount of the gift card will then be applied to your purchase.
Q3. Can I reload my Amazon Gift Card?
No, you cannot reload an Amazon Gift Card. Once the balance on the card has been depleted, you may need to purchase a new card.
Q4. How can I check the balance of my Amazon Gift Card?
To check the balance of your Amazon Gift Card, simply visit Amazon.com and enter your claim code at checkout. The current balance will be displayed prior to completing your purchase.
Q5. Can I return an item that I purchased with an Amazon Gift Card?
Yes, you can return items that you purchased with an Amazon Gift Card. However, you will only be refunded the amount of the purchase price, minus any shipping and handling charges. The original gift card will then be reloaded with the refunded amount. You can check how to cancel a gift card order on Amazon by going through the above article.
Q6. What if my Amazon Gift Card is lost or stolen?
If your Amazon Gift Card is lost or stolen, you should contact customer service immediately. They may be able to cancel the card and issue you a new one. However, there is no guarantee that you will be refunded for any purchase made prior to reporting the loss or theft. For the detailed process on how to cancel gift card on Amazon, please refer to the article above.