If you’re like many people, you may have a turbotax account that you no longer use. If you’re thinking of deleting your turbotax account, here are some reasons why you should:
How to delete a tax form in the TurboTax – Delete a messed up TurboTax Form
How to delete your TurboTax account
Delete your TurboTax account by following these simple steps:
1) Log into your TurboTax account.
2) Click on the “My Account” link in the top left corner of the screen.
3) On the My Account page, click on the “Account Details” link in the top right corner of the screen.
4) On the Account Details page, click on the “Deactivate My Account” link in the bottom right corner of the screen.
5) Enter your email address in the “Deactivate My Account” form and click the “Submit” button.
6) You will receive an email notification confirming the deactivation of your account.
7) Click on the “Close” button in the email notification to complete the deactivation process.
Steps to take before deleting your TurboTax account
If you’re considering deleting your TurboTax account, here are some tips to help make the decision easier:
Step 1: Evaluate your needs
Before you delete your account, take a moment to think about what you need from TurboTax. Do you only need basic tax preparation services, or do you need more features and support?
If you only need basic tax preparation services, then deleting your account may be enough. However, if you need more features and support, it may be worth keeping your account active.
Step 2: Decide whether you’re ready to end your relationship
If you’re considering deleting your account, it’s important to be sure you’re ready to end the relationship. You may want to consider if you’re getting the same level of support from TurboTax that you did when you first signed up.
Step 3: Evaluate your data
Once you’ve decided to delete your account, it’s important to evaluate the data you’ve collected with TurboTax. Are all your information files saved and accessible? Do you have any unfinished returns that you want to save for later?
Step 4: Secure your files
Once you’ve evaluated your data and decided you’re ready to delete your account, it’s important to make sure your files are safe and secure. Make sure you back up your files and keep them in a safe place.
Step 5: Contact TurboTax
If you decide to keep your
What happens when you delete your TurboTax account
When you delete your TurboTax account, you essentially relinquish your access to all of the account’s content, including your past returns and data. If you have any pending refunds or have any questions about your returns, you will need to contact TurboTax customer support.
Reasons you might want to delete your TurboTax account
- You’ve had the same TurboTax account for years and you’re ready to move on.
2. You’re switching to a new tax preparer and you don’t need an account with TurboTax.
3. You’re no longer using TurboTax and you don’t want it associated with your personal information.
4. You’ve had a negative experience with TurboTax and you don’t want to continue using it.
5. You’ve grown disillusioned with TurboTax and you want to find a different tax preparer.
Is there a way to deactivate my TurboTax account instead?
Sure, there is a way to deactivate your TurboTax account. To do so, you’ll need to log into your account and click on the “Deactivate My Account” link located in the upper-right corner of the homepage. Once you’ve entered your account information and clicked on the “Deactivate My Account” link, you’ll be taken to a confirmation page. On the confirmation page, you’ll need to click on the “I confirm that I want to deactivate my account” link. Once you’ve clicked on the “I confirm that I want to deactivate my account” link, your TurboTax account will be deactivated.
If you’re thinking about deleting your turbotax account, here are some things to keep in mind: