Instagram is a great platform for sharing photos and videos with your followers. But videos can be a little tricky to play on the app. In this guide, we’ll show you how to make your videos play on your Instagram story.
Why videos don’t play on Instagram Story
Instagram uses a different algorithm for videos than it does for photos. Videos with low engagement or fewer likes tend to have a harder time gaining the attention of Instagram’s algorithm and thus will not play on Stories. Additionally, videos with music that’s played over the top of the video (e.g. SoundCloud) will not play on Instagram Stories.
How to make videos play on Instagram Story
There are a few simple steps that you can take to get your videos to play on Instagram Story.
The first is to make sure that your video is formatted correctly. Most Instagram Stories have a maximum length of 60 seconds, so your video needs to be cut down to fit that format.
Next, make sure that your video is tagged with the correct Instagram account. Instagram does not allow duplicate tags, so if you’re planning on tagging more than one account in your video, make sure to create separate tags for each.
Finally, make sure that your video has a decent caption. Instagram Stories are designed to be filled with fun and interesting content, so make sure to fill your caption with the same level of creativity.
By following these simple tips, you’ll be able to get your videos playing on Instagram Story – and hopefully increase your follower count as a result!
Tips for making videos play on Instagram Story
If you want your videos to play on Instagram Stories, there are a few things you need to do.
1. Make sure your video is at least 180 seconds long.
2. Include a catchy caption that sums up your video.
3. Fill out your story with the latest posts from your account.
4. Enable Instagram Storie’s video playback in your account settings.
5. Upload your video to your Instagram Stories profile.
6. Click the gear icon in the top right corner of your video and select “Play on Instagram.”
7. Add a link to your video in the comments section of your story.
Troubleshooting video playback on Instagram Story
Instagram users have long enjoyed watching videos on their Stories – but have also been frustrated by intermittent or poor video playback.
There are a few things that you can do to improve the playback experience:
- Consider using a good video player: While Instagram does have a built-in video player, it’s not the best and sometimes struggles to play videos smoothly. If you’re using a third-party player, make sure it’s optimized for Instagram Stories.
- Ensure your video quality is good: Higher quality videos will play better on Instagram Stories, so make sure your videos are shot in good quality and have a good frame rate.
- Avoid using too many effects: Effects can sometimes cause videos to lag or stutter during playback, so try to keep them to a minimum.
- Make sure your videos are short: Stories are limited to a maximum of 1,500 characters, so make your videos as short as possible to avoid filling up the story.
How to get more views on your Instagram Story
Instagram doesn’t really release hard numbers for how many people watch Stories, but it’s safe to assume that if your story is below the threshold for being featured (1,000 likes and 100 followers), then it’s not being seen as high as it could be. Here are some tips to help improve your Story’s viewership:
1. Start by using relevant hashtags. Not only will including relevant hashtags help to draw in followers and like-seekers, but it will also help to increase your story’s discoverability. Make sure to use hashtags that are relevant to your niche and that your audience is likely to use.
2. Use engaging imagery. Images are key when it comes to storytelling on Instagram, and making sure your images are high quality will help to keep viewers engaged. Use creative angles, interesting filters, and vibrant colors to bring your stories to life.
3. Share interesting and timely content. Keeping your stories topical and relevant will help to keep your followers engaged. Share stories that are relevant to your audience and that will make them feel something.
4. Plan ahead. Make sure to plan your stories ahead of time, and include key details such as the date, time, and location of the event. This will help to ensure that your followers know when and where to tune in.
5. Use influencers wisely. While it’s not necessary to include every single
If you’re still having problems with video playback on Instagram Stories, don’t hesitate to reach out to us. We’ll be happy to help.