If you want to remove an account from Messenger, there are a few different ways to go about it. You can either delete the account altogether, or you can remove the account from your Messenger app.
If you don’t have your username or password, you can also remove your account by sending a message to messenger support with the following information: your username, your phone number, and proof of your identity (for example, a copy of your driver’s license or passport). If you remove your account this way, you won’t be able to log in again until you reinstate your account.
How to delete your account in messenger
First and foremost, if you decide that you no longer want to use Messenger, there are a few different ways to remove your account. You can either delete your account on the app or website, or you can disable your account.
To delete your account on the app, open the app and go to the main menu. Then, scroll down and select “accounts.” Next, click on the account you want to delete and select “delete account.” You’ll be asked to confirm the deletion, and your account will be removed.
To delete your account on the website, click on the “account” button at the top of the homepage. Next, click on the account you want to delete and select “delete account.” You’ll be asked to confirm the deletion, and your account will be removed.
If you want to disable your account, you can do so by going to account settings on the app or website. On the app, click on the “account” button at the top of the screen and select “settings.” Next, under “account types,” select “messenger” and select “disable account.” You’ll be asked to confirm the disablement, and your account will be disabled.
How to deactivate your account in messenger
There are a few ways to deactivate your account in messenger:
1. Log into your account settings and click on the “Deactivate My Account” button.
2. If you no longer have access to your account, you can deactivate it by deleting your account from your settings.
3. If you have blocked someone from contacting you, you can deactivate your account by unblocking them.
How to cancel your account in messenger
Cancelling your account in messenger is as easy as 1, 2,
- First, open up the messenger app on your device.
- Second, click on the three lines in the top left corner of the app window.
- Third, select Settings from the menu that pops up.
- Fourth, under Accounts & Privacy, click on the Account option.
- Fifth, under your account name, you will see the Cancel Account button.
- Simply click on this button and confirm your decision by hitting the Save Changes button.
- You will then be prompted to enter your password to finish the process.
Deactivating your account is the simplest way to remove yourself from Messenger. You can deactivate your account by going to your Account settings and clicking Deactivate my account. Once your account is deactivated, you cannot log in or access any of your messages or files.
If you want to discontinue using Messenger but still keep your chat history and contacts, you can export your data by going to Export my data and selecting the files and folders you want to export. When you’re done, you can delete your account by going to Delete my account.