If you have a game that you no longer want or can’t play, there are a few ways that you can refund it. Xbox One allows you to refund a game within 14 days of purchase, and you can also exchange the game for another one in the same franchise or genre. You can also get a refund for a game through the Microsoft Store.
How to REQUEST A FULL REFUND ON XBOX ONE GAMES (Best Method)
How to initiate a refund for an Xbox game
If you’re unhappy with an Xbox game and would like to initiate a refund, follow these steps:
1. Launch the Xbox app and sign in.
2. Select your profile image in the top left corner of the app.
3. Select My Games and Apps.
4. Select the game you would like to refund and select the Refund option in the right corner.
5. Follow the prompts to complete the process.
Read More: Screenshot Netflix | Easiest Guide
How to check the refund status for an Xbox game
If you’ve purchased an Xbox game and decide that you do not want to keep it, you can usually refund it through your Xbox account. If you’ve already completed the game’s storyline, you can usually refund it even if you haven’t completed the game’s challenges and achievements.
To check the refund status for an Xbox game, follow these steps:
1. Sign in to your Xbox account.
2. Click on your profile picture in the top-left corner of the home screen.
3. Click on “My games and apps.”
4. Under “My games and apps,” click on the game you want to check the refund status for.
5. On the “Game details” screen, look for the “Refund” section.
6. If the “Refund” section is grayed out or unavailable, the game has already been refunded. If the “Refund” section is available, click on the “Refund” button.
7. On the “Refund confirmation” screen, review the information and click on the “Confirm” button.
8. Your refund will be processed and you will be notified via email.
How to get a refund for an Xbox game you purchased online
If you purchased an Xbox game online and decide you do not want it, there are a few simple steps you can take to get a refund.
First, you’ll need to contact the seller either via the seller’s eBay account or the seller’s contact information listed on the game’s product page on Xbox.com.
Second, the seller will need to provide you with a return mailing address. If the game was purchased new, the seller will need to send the game back to them. If the game was a used game, the seller will need to send you a copy of the game disc.
Finally, you’ll need to package the game carefully and mail it to the return mailing address. You should receive a refund within a few weeks after sending the game back.
How to get a refund for an Xbox game you purchased in store
There are a few different ways to get a refund for an Xbox game you purchased in-store. You can either go to the store where you purchased the game, or you can request a refund through Xbox Live.
To get a refund through Xbox Live, first, log into your Xbox Live account and then go to the Xbox Live refund page. On the page, you’ll need to provide your Gamertag, the game’s name, and the date of purchase. You’ll also need to provide your original receipt or a copy of your purchase confirmation email.
Once you have all of the information required, click the ‘Refund’ button. Xbox will then process your refund and send you a notification.
How to get a refund for an Xbox game you gifted to someone
If you gifted someone an Xbox game and they did not like it, you can get a refund for the game.
1. Log on to your Xbox Live account.
- Go to the Home screen and select My Games and Apps.
- Select the game you want to refund and then click the Refund button.
- You will be asked to provide your reason for wanting the refund. Select the appropriate option and then click Next.
- You will be asked to provide your gift recipient’s Xbox Live Gamertag. Enter their Gamertag and then click Next.
- You will be given the option to confirm the refund. Click Confirm and then you will receive a refund code.
- Copy the code and then give it to your gift recipient. They will then be able to use it to get a refund for the game.
If you decide that you do not want to keep a game that you have purchased on Xbox, there are a few options available to you. You can either trade it into a participating retailer, give it away to a friend, or refund it to Microsoft.